Welcome to Asia’s biggest annual Freediving Event!
When & Where?
The Competition will take place over the period of three consecutive days starting on June 8th until June 10th. Location will be Doljo Beach, in front of “Heaven Dive Resort”, located on Panglao Island’s north-west coast. The competition platforms will be anchored around 200m from shore with shuttle boats bringing athletes to and from the competition area in regular intervals.
Who can join?
Freedivers of all levels are welcome to compete. The only prerequisites are:
- Minimum age is 18 years or 16 with parental consent
- You need to be in good health and present the Medical Statement signed by a physician
- In order for your dives to appear in the ranking you need to be a member of your National AIDA. If your country does not have an AIDA yet please contact us in advance
- You need to be registered as an Athlete on the AIDA website, feel free to contact us for assistance
- The maximum depth for the competition is 120m
How can I join and how much is it?
The cost for the competition is 300 USD. This includes the 3 official dives over 3 days and the closing party including dinner on June 10th. To sign up for the event you can register through the competition website www.asianfreedivingcup.com
After completing the registration form online we will ask for the full payment to reserve your spot, latest until February 8th.
After registering online you will receive an invitation to pay the competition fee to reserve your place. If we do not receive payment until February 8th your registration will expire and we give priority to the next athlete on the waiting list. If you have paid but you are not able to join, we will refund the full amount if the cancellation is done before April 8th.
We have space for 60 competing athletes. However in the past years the competition was always fully booked within a few days after the opening of registration. Once the competition is full we will create a waiting list for any additional inquiries. Once registered athletes cancel or do not pay until the due date of February 8th we will give priority to the next diver on the waiting list.
The Competition Meeting
There is an event meeting where all competing athletes must be present. It will take place on June 7th at 3pm at the Freedive Panglao Center. What you need to bring:
- Any outstanding balance of payment
- Your passport
- Your lanyard including belt for CNF for checking by the judges
- Your Medical Statement which must be signed by a physician and says “fit for Freediving” and is not older than 1 year
- We will take your depth announcement for day 1 (CWT)
For athletes who do not have a medical statement, there will be a doctor present who will issue medicals for a fee of 20 USD from 2:30-3pm.
After completing the registration of all athletes we will give a review of the competition rules and also publish the start list for day 1. The meeting will finish at around 5pm with a group picture.
What is a 3-pack competition
There are three competition days. Every day is dedicated to one of the depth disciplines.
Day 1: CWT
Day 2: FIM
Day 3: CNF
The best overall results from all three days (disciplines performed in that order) will determine the top three divers (male / female). However you are free to announce dives that are not representing the discipline of that day. For example you can do a FIM dive on the CNF day. That dive will of course appear in the AIDA International ranking, but you will receive zero points for that day for the comp internal ranking.
Like every year, safety is our main concern. We want to organize an event that is fun and relaxed but at the same time safe and professional. Here are some of our safety mechanisms:
- Announcements in each discipline are limited to not more than 5m than the athletes PB in training
- A group of highly experienced Safety Freedivers will provide safety at the appropriate depth for every diver
- Deep Safety with a DPV (scooter) will meet every diver at at least half of their announced depth
- Every dive will be monitored from the surface by our Depth Sonar
- Our highly effective Counterweight System gives us the possibility to retrieve divers within very short amount of time
- Competition doctors and nurses will be on standby for every diver
- Athletes who experience lung or trachea squeeze or a Blackout below the surface with Safety Divers assisting the athlete to the surface will not be allowed to compete on any of the remaining days of the event. In this case there is no discount of the competition fee. Surface LMC / Blackout will be evaluated by the Event Medics and the Jury will decide if the athlete will be allowed to continue to compete.
In the unlikely event of any diver needing additional care in a hospital we have multiple cars on standby that can reach the nearest clinic within 15min.
The Medical Team and Organizers have the right to refuse the start of any athlete if diving would pose an obvious risk to the diver’s health.
May and June are usually the best months for Freediving in the Philippines. Very little to no wind will make for nice surface conditions. The water temperature will be 29- 30 degrees on the surface. This temperature stays constant until a depth of around 50m. Below that the temperature usually drops by not more than one degree. Below 90m the temperature is usually not less 26 degrees. The expected visibility is around 25- 30m. We try our best to schedule the dives during times with least current.
Prizes and Sponsors
At this point of time we are still finalizing Sponsors and Support. However we can assure already that there will again be high quality prizes waiting for the top performances. We will introduce all Sponsors as soon as possible!
Awards and surprises are waiting during our closing party on June 10th!
We hope this information is helpful, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions!
We wish everyone productive training and hope to see you in June!
The Freedive Panglao Team